Home of the World's Leading
Static Protective Type D FIBC Fabric
CROHMIQ®, There Is No Substitute, We Keep You Safe™
The Color Blue is a Registered Trademark of TEXENE LLC - More.....
CROHMIQ is protected by US Patents 5,478, 154; 5,679,449; and 6,112,772
Additional International Patents and Patent Pending
THE CROHMIQ SAFETY ADVANTAGE
PROVEN BY INDEPENDENT TESTING
Click on image to view summary reports ---->
15 YEAR SAFETY RECORD
CROHMIQ is the world's safest static protective Flexible Intermediate Bulk Container (FIBC) fabric that does not require grounding
- Proven safety with over 25 million CROHMIQ Type D FIBC used since 1995 without incident in multiple products, industries, & combustible environments
- Over 50 billion pounds of products such as chemicals, foods, and pharmaceuticals have been safely packaged in CROHMIQ FIBC
- Leading global companies don't compromise safety because they use CROHMIQ blue® bulk bags to protect their personnel and customers from the dangers of electrostatic discharges
- Leading companies recognize the blue color fabric used on FIBC as a TEXENE quality product
- When safety matters, depend on CROHMIQ and do not allow substitutions as CROHMIQ is the world's premier static protective FIBC fabric
- CROHMIQ is the leading Type D technology for electrostatic protective FIBC
- Safely dissipates static charge without the need for a ground/earth connection
- CROHMIQ big bags can be safely used earthed or unearthed, whereas Type C FIBC must be earthed securely and correctly in order to dissipate electrostatic charges
- Complies with Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FDA) and European Union (EU) regulations for use in the storage and transportation of dry goods
- CROHMIQ static control bulk bags are safe to store and transport food products and pharmaceuticals
- Freedom from cumbersome grounding systems required when using Type C totes
- Freedom from the risk of human error
- No special FIBC design requirements in the manufacturing process
- Coated or uncoated antistatic FIBC fabric
- Plain or antistatic, attached inner liners may be used
- Static protective properties are inherent to CROHMIQ Type D bulk bags
- No degradation with time, usage, refurbishment, or washing
- Over 3 million CROHMIQ FIBC safely reused after wet or dry-process refurbishment
THE LEGITIMATE TYPE D FIBC FABRIC
- The world's first effective, and still leading technology, static protective bulk bag fabric that does not require grounding
ON-SITE ELECTROSTATIC TEST LABORATORY
- World-class electrostatic ignition FIBC-test laboratory at company headquarters in South Carolina, USA
- Facilities for electrostatic ignition tests on FIBC, breakdown voltage tests on fabric, and a range of other electrostatic tests
- Regularly used by the world's leading electrostatic experts
- Random testing of production goods ensures safe, reliable electrostatic protective FIBC performance
- Global network of Texene Qualified Suppliers
- Electrostatic experts on staff
- Global technical support available online, telephone, or locally on-site
- Representation on National & International Standards Organizations
COMPLIES WITH INTERNATIONAL ELECTROTECHNICAL COMMISSION STANDARD: IEC 61340-4-4 Ed. 2.0
- Meets the requirements of Clause 7.2 for breakdown voltage on FIBC fabrics
- Meets the requirements of Clause 7.3.2 for ignition testing on FIBC
COMPLIES WITH INTERNATIONAL ELECTROTECHNICAL COMMISSION TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION: IEC/TS 60079-32-1: 2013
- Meets the safe FIBC performance requirements of Clause 9.6.1 - "it should be demonstrated that no incendive discharges occur".
COMPLIES WITH CENELEC TECHNICAL REPORT: CLC/TR 50404: 2003
- Meets the safe FIBC performance requirements of Clause 220.127.116.11.4 - "no incendive discharges will occur"
COMPLIES WITH NATIONAL FIRE PROTECTION ASSOCIATION STANDARD: NFPA 654: 2006
- Complies with Clauses 18.104.22.168.(4) for safety requirements for Ungrounded/Type D FIBC
- Complies with Clause 22.214.171.124 for FIBC that have been listed or tested by a recognized testing organization
ABOUT STATIC PROTECTIVE FIBC FABRICS
As the use of Flexible Intermediate Bulk Containers (FIBC/bulk bags/totes/super-sacks/big bags/IBC) increases globally, safely managing the occurrence of static electricity during FIBC filling and emptying operations is a critical concern for many industries. Industries susceptible to electrostatic hazards include chemicals, foods, pharmaceuticals, and minerals. Since FIBC are made from polypropylene, a highly insulating material, they are prone to building up static electricity as friction and separation occur during filling and discharging of the products within the bulk bag. Static discharges from bulk bags can range in severity from operator nuisance shocks to those capable of igniting flammable gases, vapors and dusts. By using FIBC with static protective properties, also known as antistatic FIBC, antistatic bulk bags, or electrostatic FIBC, the risk of a hazardous static discharge is significantly reduced.
FIBC made of CROHMIQ® static protective FIBC fabric are static dissipative Type D FIBC. Using CROHMIQ fabric to construct anti-static big bags eliminates the inherent risk of grounding failure that is always present whenever conductive Type C FIBC (grounded FIBC) are used. For these reasons, over the past 15 years, leading companies have been switching away from the risks of grounded FIBC (Type C) to the proven safety of CROHMIQ Type D big bags. For these reasons, the use of Type C super-sacks is less and less each year as a result of the conversion to CROHMIQ brand Type D FIBC.
There are very important differences between Type D FIBC and Type C FIBC, specifically on the mechanism of safety from electrostatic discharges and proper use. Firstly, Type C totes are groundable bulk bag packaging and must be properly and firmly grounded to be safe, whereas CROHMIQ Type D FIBC do not need to be grounded to be safe. While CROHMIQ Type D bulk bags can also be grounded, there is no need to do so as CROHMIQ Type D FIBC are already safe when used ungrounded.
Type D bulk bags are sometimes called antistatic FIBC or totes, groundable D or Type D+ FIBC / Type D plus bulk bag, or Type C/D FIBC. However, only CROHMIQ is the leading static protective FIBC fabric because CROHMIQ Type D FIBC are inherently antistatic and do not require grounding to be safe. Products marketed as Type D+ FIBC, groundable Type D FIBC or Type D plus bulk bags generally must be grounded to be close to safe, thus defeating the purpose of using a genuine, ungrounded, safe CROHMIQ Type D FIBC.
Thus, as a result of CROHMIQ's perfect safety record, leading chemical companies around the world, trust and insist on CROHMIQ bulk bags as their only static protective FIBC packaging solution. As the leading antistatic FIBC product in the market, CROHMIQ's state of the art technology outperforms inferior imitations. This is why when safety matters, Fortune 500 companies trust and use CROHMIQ. Process safety experts in the field of electrostatics and static hazards have written articles about performance and test standards and the improved safety of Type D super-sacks compared to other types of super-sacks. CROHMIQ's design engineers invented and patented the first fabric and still leading technology for Type D FIBC.
TEXENE, the company behind CROHMIQ, continues to perform research and development on Type D antistatic FIBC and electrostatic phenomena in FIBC. Texene is recognized for its high quality fabrics used to make bulk containers for industrial use. The technology in CROHMIQ fabrics is protected by several patents around the world. Additionally, Texene's goodwill is symbolized by the trademarks used in connection with its products. For this reason, Texene obtained United States trademark registration No. 3,097,115 for the "COLOR BLUE" mark covering "synthetic resinous fabrics for use in the manufacture of bulk containers in the nature of bags and wraps for industrial use." Texene uses the color blue in the manufacture of its CROHMIQ FIBC fabrics, thus no unauthorized use of its color blue mark is allowed for NON-CROHMIQ FIBC products.
TEXENE LLC is a leading manufacturer of technical textiles focused on delivering precision engineered, safety performance products worldwide.